Job Title: Attorney – Remote Work From Home
Practice Areas: Workplace & School Investigations; Title IX; Labor & Employment Law
Licensure & Location: California state bar licensure required. Remote work from home within
California. Some travel to Fresno, CA may be required.
Reports To: Shareholders
Classification: Full-Time Exempt or Part-Time Hourly
Salary Range: $100,000 to $175,000+ annually (or hourly equivalent)
To apply, email your resume to Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conducts workplace, school, and Title IX investigations, including interviewing parties
and witnesses (remotely via Zoom), review of other evidence and information, and report
- Provides legal advice to school, non-profit, and private sector business clients on labor
and employment law.
- Conducts legal research and analysis on related matters as needed, including preparing
client memoranda and emails.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description/posting restricts
management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize to meet
- Must have courteous and professional demeanor.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook
and Power Point and comfortable working with cloud-based platforms.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to take personal responsibility for projects with
- Must be comfortable working remotely from home.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial business
Physical & Work Environment Requirements
- Work environment is remote, home-based location. Some travel required.
- Must have appropriate workspace in home from which to work. Tools (e.g., laptop and
other technology) provided by ES Legal as needed, including internet reimbursement.
- Must be able to communicate with clients and team members via telephone, text
message, video conferencing and email.
- Occasionally required to position self to operate normal office machinery including
computers and printers, and to lift up to approximately 25 lbs.
Required Education and Work Experience
- California state bar licensure required.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- 1+ year of professional work experience required; 3+ years of professional work
experience in a law firm setting preferred.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Emerzian Shankar Legal Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based
on any protected class under California state or federal law. Applicants from diverse
backgrounds are encouraged to apply.